WHAT IS A DOULA?
Today, the word “doula” is mostly used in the context of birth doulas and refers to people (usually women) who provide emotional, physical and spiritual support to a woman during pregnancy and childbirth. I have worked as a birth doula, and carry many of the lessons I learned in that sphere into my work as a Soul Doula.
WHAT IS A SOUL DOULA?
As we walk this spiritual path, we give birth to a new way of being. Like childbirth it is a process of transformation that you must do for yourself and that is so much easier with a loving guide. As a Soul Doula I witness you in all that you are, providing a safe space and believing in your ability to transcend your “stuck” places. Simply put, it is sisterhood in a time of transition.
2-3 HOUR SESSIONS (IN PERSON OR ON SKYPE)
Either in person (choice of Western Massachusetts or Brooklyn) or online, using Skype.
ONE-ON-ONE RETREATS (3 TO 5 DAYS)
Take place at "The Moon Lodge" in Western Massachusetts, 3 hours from Boston or New York City and pretty close to Great Barrington.
Soul Doula might be for you if:
IT'S TIME TO GET MORE IN TOUCH WITH YOUR INNER GURU
- Perhaps your spiritual practices ended up as yet another thing on the "to do list" that you beat yourself up for not doing perfectly. Perhaps you simply feel ready to go deeper. Either way, it's time to become more grounded in the inner wisdom that naturally flows through you, whatever you're doing. It's time to learn to trust yourself.
- You are ready to stop using spiritual practices to bypass your emotions and the messiness of life. It's time to be real, instead of trying to always be positive or "happy".
- Maybe it feels like spirituality got stuck in your mind as an idea or set of beliefs and now it's time for them to sink into your body. You're ready to walk your talk more fully.
- You no longer need someone else to tell you what makes you spiritually successful. No more gurus for you, it's time to access the wisdom within.
YOU WANT TO RE-WILD YOURSELF
- You're starting to crave more nature and/or stillness in your life. You want to simplify.
- Something in you wants to howl at the moon, hug a tree or roll around in the mud.
- You like the idea of getting more in touch with your menstrual cycle as a spiritual practice.
- You've been talking to animals or trees recently, or at least thinking about it...