You thought you were lost,
You are standing in Her Mystery.
Come rejoice in it,
Let me be your guide.
Welcome. I can tell that you've been on a journey already - one that hasn’t been linear and that often feels like a maze.
Actually, it is a labyrinth.
What's the difference?
Excellent question. A maze has dead-ends; you can go the wrong way and get stuck. In a labyrinth, though you twist and turn, though you walk in endless circles, and even double back on yourself, though you swear that you have been here before, you have not. You are simply traveling a wonderful, windy road, straight to the center. The center is sacred by its very nature but so is the journey itself. There are no wrong turns; everything is for your highest good.
And yet, and yet… It can feel so damn lonely.
Yes, yes it can. Which is where our work together comes in...
What is a doula?
Today, the word “doula” is mostly used in the context of birth doulas and refers to people (usually women) who provide emotional, physical and spiritual support to a woman during pregnancy and childbirth. I have worked as a birth doula, and carry many of the lessons I learned in that sphere into my work as a Soul Doula.
What is a soul doula?
As we walk this spiritual path, we give birth to a new way of being. Like childbirth it is a process of transformation that you must do for yourself and that is so much easier with a loving guide. As a Soul Doula I witness you in all that you are, providing a safe space and believing in your ability to transcend your “stuck” places. Simply put, it is sisterhood in a time of transition.
2-3 hour sessions (in person or on Skype)
Either in person (choice of Western Massachusetts or Brooklyn) or online, using Skype.
One-on-one retreats (3 to 5 days)
Take place at "The Moon Lodge" in Western Massachusetts, 3 hours from Boston or New York City and pretty close to Great Barrington.
As your Soul Doula:
- I walk with you on this heroine’s journey, witnessing you without judgment or “fixing”.
- I follow you into the darkness and have faith in your process, even when you do not.
- I hold space for you to experience your own strength and power and to rediscover the miracles in your own life.
- I listen to the whispers of what wants to happen so that if you can't see the next step, I can.
- If I don't hear any whispers, I stand with you in the Mystery.
- I bow to your own wisdom, knowing that sometimes it will be you that knows what wants to happen next.
- And when all else fails, when there is only blackness, I remind you that every woman who has ever given birth to a child or to herself has felt this too. Let me hold your hand and remind you that you are not alone.